TalentED Advisors - Senior Associate, Talent Acquisition
While TalentED Advisors is headquartered in the greater New York City region, all team members enjoy a fully remote working environment, meaning that you are always able to work from the comfort of your home or favorite coffee shop.
About TalentED Advisors
TalentED Advisors is a boutique talent management and strategy firm that specializes in working with nonprofits and K-16 education-focused organizations including public schools, charter management organizations, colleges and universities, state education agencies and school districts. Since 2012, TalentED Advisors has offered services including talent strategy and management, talent acquisition, coaching and more. We believe that with the right people and the right processes, organizations can make the most progress and fulfill all their promises to the people they serve. We support organizations to reach their goals through building diverse candidate pools, supporting the creation of equitable systems and policies, and providing coaching to ensure that all team members experience success. We are proud to be a women-led company that continuously seeks to welcome and honor diverse perspectives.
About the Opportunity
As the Senior Associate for Talent Acquisition, you’ll work within a consulting team consisting of a Director and several Senior Associates and Associates supporting a variety of talent acquisition projects. Projects can range from executive search to short term school-based teacher recruitment work and everything in between. As the Senior Associate, you’ll serve as the face of TalentED Advisors to our candidate pool, liaising with several candidates from up to four search projects at a time in areas like candidate management, interviewing, and thought exercise evaluation among other search operations areas. As the senior most individual contributor in your team, you’ll share your recruitment and selection experience, tips and tricks with your more junior colleagues in a coaching and mentoring capacity. In this role, you’ll gain exposure to data management and analysis, knowledge management, change management, and communications workstreams as well client management. Experienced Senior Associates may have the opportunity to join or lead parts of client facing meetings from time to time to develop their client management skills.
What You’ll Do
The Senior Associate will be responsible for the following in addition to any other projects as determined by their manager:
Candidate Management and Pool Development
- Provide operational and process excellence to ensure a quality candidate experience.
- Ensure a best-in-class candidate experience with transparency, timely follow-up, and communication. Create and share outreach to potential candidates.
- Draft outreach messages and thoughtful, transparent email communication to candidates.
- Review and rate candidates using a predetermined rubric and set of selection materials.
- Manage and identify new, high-impact job boards; post on job boards as needed.
- Maintain and update the applicant tracking system (JazzHR) as needed.
- Create workflows, emails and post job opportunities within the applicant tracking system.
- Schedule, conduct, and take detailed notes on phone screens and reference checks.
- Schedule client interviews and create candidate packets at the direction of your manager.
- As needed, conduct surveys and interviews with various stakeholders at client organizations to uncover strengths and areas of growth in their total value proposition related to the search opportunity.
- Track and analyze candidate statistics and share the information in a digestible format.
- Conduct trend analysis for internal and external clients.
Who You Are
- You’re mission aligned. You’ve lived your life focused on creating spaces where equity and inclusion are the norm. You believe that how you do anything is how you do everything. Heart and hustle are in your DNA. You love to learn and grow and see that as a gift of the human experience. You leave people, places and things better off than you found them because it’s who you are.
- You enjoy figuring it out and working in an entrepreneurial, ever-changing environment. You like to do a lot of different kinds of recruitment and selection work. You love learning and are a quick study. And you’re energized by working in a fast-paced, ambitious environment. When you see a problem, you can devise and present with thoughtful, creative solutions. You also love improving your solutions to make them even more efficient and effective. You’re also a pro at managing up, bringing in members of the team when and where you need them.
- You’re customer service oriented. You realize the importance of having candidates experience an equitable search process with clear communication and transparency and work tirelessly to make sure that’s true for every candidate that engages with TalentED Advisors. You support your team and clients in getting what they need to run strong people-centered processes and projects. You do all this with kindness and care because we leave people, places, and things better than when we find them.
- You’re detail oriented. Tracking details and keeping things moving forward are high priorities for you. You’re a problem solver who connects the dots between what is promised and what needs to be delivered and who helps the team get things done on time (and on budget).
- You have a growth mindset. You accept feedback as a gift, and both seek it out and provide it proactively. You believe that failure is not permanent; rather, it is a temporary condition, and accept the discomfort and growth inherent to it. You are willing to fail, learn, and start again — and to do so with passion.
- You’re a strong communicator. You have excellent oral and written communication skills — both when working with internal team members and when communicating with clients and candidates. You speak and write with authenticity, kindness, and clarity.
- You’re tech savvy. Whatever the world’s next big digital communications breakthrough is, you’re always comfortable with the new technologies out there and enjoy not only learning these new systems but becoming the resident expert on them.
How You’ll Be Measured
The Senior Associate role is cyclical based on an approximate 16–20-week search timeline. We expect Senior Associates to support Search Senior Project Managers in successfully closing searches, on time and within budget, by engaging high quality candidates through a competency-based, thoughtful selection process. Senior Associates will be responsible for maintaining and updating workplans to ensure that they align to the most up to date project details and timelines, while balancing three to four search projects within any given 16–20-week cycle (approximately every quarter). At the close of their first year, Senior Associates should be joining client meetings and, in some cases, presenting sections of the work in these group sessions.
- At least 5 years of work experience, ideally in a people/talent/human capital capacity in the nonprofit sector or education sector in a recruitment related role.
- Expertise in project management and operations
- High level of skill in the 7 key competencies listed above (under Who You Are)
Why Work with TalentED Advisors
At TalentED Advisors, we know that all change is fueled by people. That’s why we care deeply about our employees. Working with us means that you will enjoy:
- A team that deeply cares about you and your success. We work hard on behalf of our clients, but you and your work are part of something bigger. You are part of a group changing people-centered processes and organizations.
- Flexibility in your working schedule and location. While this is a full-time 40-hour a week role, you’re able to decide on the best working hours and schedule for you with the support of your manager. What matters more than anything is that you get your work done well— and service our clients on the timeline that is most important to them. You can work from anywhere in the United States, as long as you have a computer and an internet connection.
- Opportunities to learn and grow with the company. Now is the time to get in on the ground level with a growing talent management firm. A commitment to diversity in all forms. The TalentED Advisors team is currently made up of 100% women and people of color. We are committed to building a team that is diverse in all ways, including race/ethnicity, gender, expertise, and thought.
- A competitive compensation and benefit package. Senior Associates can expect a base compensation ranging between $80,000-$105,000 depending on experience. You are eligible to receive up to $1,000 reimbursement for health care coverage towards your monthly insurance premiums. TalentED Advisors offers generous time off. (We reserve the right to amend, interpret, modify or terminate any of our employee benefit programs without prior notice to the extent allowed by law).
TalentED Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds. TalentED Advisors does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, gender expression or identity, disability, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, military status, citizenship, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.