Bilingual Small Business Technical Assistance Program Coordinator - Asian American Federation
Location and Reporting:
This is a hybrid role reporting into the Murray Hills, Queens office and will require regular travel to the office.
Applicants must possess verbal and written proficiency in Korean with interpretation and/or translation experience a plus.
The Asian American Federation (AAF), founded in 1989, is New York City’s most powerful leadership voice for better policies, services, and funding that lead to more justice and opportunity for Asian New Yorkers. Our mission is to raise the influence and well-being of the pan-Asian American community through research, policy advocacy, public awareness, and nonprofit support.
In collaboration with 70 member and partner community-based organizations, we serve the interests of 1.7 million New Yorkers from 20 ethnic groups—diverse in language, culture, and religion—that make up New York’s Asian community, by providing expert research and unrelenting advocacy; working with lawmakers to change policies; and training Asian nonprofits to better serve their communities.
We fight to keep the pan-Asian American community visible and to ensure our needs are met, our contributions are valued, and our stories are told.
About the Opportunity:
AAF seeks a Korean Bilingual Small Business TA Program Coordinator to keep the immigrant small business community informed about available funding opportunities, including important policy changes, and provide technical assistance to Asian small business owners in securing financial assistance from NYS. Reporting to the Director of Economic Empowerment, this person will be responsible for conducting outreach to our member and partner organizations.
What You’ll Do:
As the Coordinator, responsibilities will include:
Outreach and community engagement
- Create in-language materials on available and upcoming small business assistance programs and services
- Conduct outreach in collaboration with member and partner organizations, including canvassing in- person
- Facilitate in-language information sessions and webinars on available and upcoming small business assistance programs
- Engage with ethnic media on inquiries regarding small business assistance programs
- Collect community feedback on current small business programs and policies to share with policy makers and elected leaders
Intake and technical assistance
- Collect basic information necessary for technical assistance, and conduct preliminary intake survey
- Keep log of inbound assistance requests for reporting purposes
- Coordinate the schedule for technical assistance sessions in Cantonese, Korean, or Mandarin
- Coordinate inbound support requests for online presence technical assistance with member/partner organizations providing services
- Assist in drafting funder reports on AAF’s Small Business Program
Why Work with Us:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3+ years of relevant experience in nonprofit advocacy, program administration, or related field
- Latest COVID-19 vaccination unless granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability
Compensation & Benefits:
This grant-funded role offers an annual salary range between $55,000 - $58,000 which is commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off, health, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) plan.
The Asian American Federation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.