Teacher Candidate Pool
We are supporting schools across the country to include:
- KIPP Albany (New York)
- Salem Academy Charter School (Massachusetts)
- The Partnership for Los Angeles Schools (Los Angeles)
- The SEED School of Los Angeles (Los Angeles)
- The SEED School of Washington DC (Washington, DC)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help to build and implement culture - establishing new routines and structures to prepare students for college completion and beyond.
- Develop and implement a balanced and enriched curriculum that promotes understanding
- Use a variety of teaching practices to promote engagement and motivation, student choice and accountability curriculum in dynamic, participation-oriented classes that focus on instruction and developing skills, not on rote memorization.
- Plan, organize, and deliver appropriate lessons for assigned area(s) of responsibility, and submit lesson plans to the Principal on an as requested basis.
- Differentiate instruction to reach all learners
- Collaborate with fellow teachers on planning, professional development, and standards-based curriculum and common assessment design to contribute to the continuous improvement of instruction at the school
- Assess students’ learning in a professional manner and communicate students’ progress to parents and fellow teachers to facilitate future instruction.
- Identify special needs of students and seek additional support, as needed
- Maintain and submit necessary records, progress reports, and grade reports
- Participate in faculty meetings, workshops, staff development programs, and other school sponsored activities
- Assist in general building supervision and discipline of students outside of the classroom
- Adhere to the professional and ethical standards as outlined by the school community
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years of experience teaching at the K-12 level
- Superior written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Solid subject matter knowledge and demonstrated knowledge of the content and the methods of teaching in your subject matter experience
- Experience working with diverse student populations in an urban setting
- Experience with students with learning differences and ADHD is a plus as well as mentoring experience.
- Ability to connect with people from diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds (including but not limited to homeless and LGBTQ youth)
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit to be able to create and implement routines and rituals to ensure student achievement
Certifications and Degrees:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field from an accredited university
- Possess and maintain a valid Teaching Credential or ability to obtain this credential by May 2022.
Apply for this position